1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Saved chicken from Death

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Farmgal101, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Farmgal101

Farmgal101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2017

I know this is a old video but just thought i should share it to those who have not seen it.Let me know how you guys feel after watching it.

Lin Klein and theoldchick like this.
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    This video is a fascinating study of human behavior. Many folks would poo-poo such a notion of rescuing a food animal. Me? I'm like go for it, gal! If this behavior improves your life, improves the animal's life then kudos to you. To me, the act of rescuing a helpless animal is the very thing that makes us humans stand out above the rest. Yeah, some may think it is silly to do such a thing but, hey, people who do such selfless acts are the ones I want to call a friend.

b.hromada likes this.
  3. Jacquieh

Jacquieh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2017
    Reno,Nv
    I LOVED that story. I found it right after I rescued my baby girl. And my thoughts are this...just because we eat these animals, doesn't mean their lives up until that point can't be happy and healthy. As for me, I have stopped eating chicken after having one as a pet. For me it would be like choosing which one of my dogs or cats to eat for dinner...the word "chicken" took on a different meaning. I don't how else to explain it....my chicken is my baby, and family member...And unless there's a Zombie apocalypse, I'm not eating my family! Lol

RoostersAreAwesome likes this.
  4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I too, loved the story. Thank you for sharing it with us. I too, would do the same thing. Good for that very kind couple. Animals deserve respect.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by