saved my chicken from a hawk!

Good job on saving your buff! I'm glad to hear that he's okay!
My buddy, Peep, wasn't so lucky. Pesky hawks.
hit.gif

Good job saving your hen. Keep an close watch as the hawks will come back. I set out several dog houses/crates around my coop/pen that serve as "safe houses" from the hawks. I know these have saved my girls more than once....Glad you were quick but attacks come so fast you might not get there in time. Safe houses work when you can't be there.

Ohmygosh my heart started pounding just reading your post.
th.gif
So glad it had a happy ending.

I've had a young red-tailed hawk swooping around our property for many months now. As of this week he/she seems to have picked up a mate because now there are two of them overhead each morning making those piercing "I'm here to eat your chickens!" calls. So far we've eluded them, but, like you, I never let my girls out unless I'm close by.

I hate hawk attacks. -_- I remember once when my girls were really little I was squatting down in the outer run with my girls feeding them cantaloupe seeds when a hawk swooped down and tried to grab one of my pullets, but me jumping up startled it. Somehow one of my girls, Alaska, ended up outside the fence, and I still don't know how. XD

Thankfully we don't have many hawks around here, and my hens have the sense to go inside when they see one. (I can tell when one is outside because they become especially vocal.)

Back
Top Bottom