Saving Money, What Have U Done Away With?

wendy

On the Hill
12 Years
Jun 14, 2007
central louisiana
Well with the new DTV box I hooked up we now get 6 channels, so we decided to do away with Dish Network. All we really watched on Dish was cartoon's, sometimes: food network, discovery, fox news, cnn news & hgtv (55.00 dollars for just 12 channels, such a waste of money
th.gif
)

We decided to give up almost all fast food / eating out.
Still get a Sonic malted from time to time :pBut otherwise we're doing pretty good at eating home-cooked food and taking leftovers to work for lunch.

Next we're giving up the gym and getting a few things to do our exercising at home.

Same- almost. We downgraded the sat. box, dropped going out for dinner and lunch (we're every on-the-go with the kids) and started packing food for everything. We alo are TRYING to do "gas and groceries" only. This part's difficult and we have fallen off the wagon a few times with our kid's ice show coming up (costume and fees). Not easy... but necessary. Planning on setting up the veggie/fruit gardens this spring and canning this fall.

big_smile.png
Eating at home is alot healthier and a ton fewer calories they say!

My dh and I try to go out to eat just the two of us. But we don't do that but every 3 -4 months with his work sch.

The TV thing is just our latest thing to do away with to save. We dropped home phone and just went with cell phones. We did have both home and cell, saw a add for our bank too they were offering free checking, we were getting charged 8 dollar service fee every month. So I called to find out about that. If you have your check direct deposited they wave the service fee. Saved there! Taking generics on our insurance gives us zero copay with the changes they made for 2009 (not that i ever choose brand over generic, they made you pay for that choice)

Henry'schickens :

I'll give up my beer if DH gives up his chewing tobacco. NOW that will be a challenge. Definitely the dish nerwork first.
wink.png

yuckyuck.gif
A girls gotta take her stand right
celebrate.gif

We canned and froze a lot of food last summer.
This spring I'm convincing DH we need to have a garden plot, and not just my raised beds. Then we could do our own corn, and some winter squashes, and other large veggies that keep well.

Back
Top Bottom