Saw something sad :(

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Me and DH went out to a "farm" just outside of town Sunday. We paid $10 to get in. They had a train that went around the property, a fort, a giant slide and a little maze for kids. Not a lot there and not worth $5 a person. You had to pay extra to ride the train.

The only animals were a couple of geese and ducks, about 15 goats, 6 rabbits and about 20 chickens. ALL of these animals were in one pen together!!! Their entire area was no more than a quarter of an acre, probably less than that.

The worst part:
Out of the 20 chickens, about half were roosters. They all looked like they would fall over dead at many minute. One couldn't even walk, he would try and fall over. All the roosters were missing tail feathers and had blood on their rears. On rooster had leg lice so bad that his legs were white and swollen with the scales sticking straight out. All the chickens were missing half of their feathers.

This made me sick. DH wouldn't let me but I was about to stomp my butt right in that office tell that lady to give me my money back. I can not believe that they let people see these animals being that mistreated.

I don't know what to do, maybe write them a letter? It makes me mad to see animals suffer. And these people are rolling in money! They always have tons of people on their so called farm every weekend and these people are seeing these poor babies being treated that way!

Sorry, I just needed to vent.

Last edited:
OH that is sad!:mad:

do they have a website or email? We could all send em a little note!

Do you have an animal control center nearby.. such aspca or something?? Most ppl never see animals such as chickens and goats except maybe in books or on TV so they dont have a clue what they are suppose to look like.. The ppl that have those animals dont care about them they just want money.. and I agree with you I would have marched right into that office and told them just what I thought.. someone needs to before they add to their "collection".

It's things like that which make people think chickens are dirty and animals can live in filth. Write them a concerned letter and see if it doesn't change or at least stir up some thought.

I deleted my post that had their website on it. I don't want to get anything started with those people. I'm going to write them a letter and see what that does.

By *not* saying or doing anything to wake those people up and get their backsidees smacked with the law, you condone what they're doing. Does anyone actually think a few e-mails will get them to change their ways? Why do I seriously doubt it? The way to do it is to have called the law/spca/whomever it would have taken, to burn those people, right then and there.

I agree. It's bad enough when people treat animals like this for food, if you are SHOWING other people specially children how they are supposed to be raised you are really messing people up (Did that make any sense, gah I'm tired) Ok I agree with reporting them, thats simple enough.

Bubba

Back
Top Bottom