Saw the "bobcat" again...

Here's a pic of one I caught on camera during the day.
STC_0013 (1) (1) (1).JPG

It's been around nightly several times a month.
IMAG1956.JPG

It took a chicken while free ranging June 2020 mid afternoon.
I don't kill predators that take a chicken while free ranging.
I expect loses and replace with chicks every year or 2. GC

It was long, lean and very muscular. Estimating from my short glimpse I would say it was about two feet high. Not sure how long it was..
When we caught the bobcat that killed our birds years ago. At first I thought it was a Florida cougar or panther. I didn't notice the spots either. I'm pretty sure this is the same cat I have been seeing on my cameras recently. I put electric wires around my coops and pens, good heavy duty netting covering my pens and concrete under the gates. I don't free range anymore due to losses from predators in the past but the birds have nice large pens. I think the cat knows the electric wires are there. Good luck...
View attachment 2813169View attachment 2813170View attachment 2813171
This is the one that killed 14 of my birds one night. It made the mistake of coming back.
View attachment 2813172
Was reading this thread when my dogs started barking and found the chickens cutting a shine.One of them just laid their first egg..

Here's a pic of one I caught on camera during the day. View attachment 2813192
It's been around nightly several times a month.View attachment 2813193
It took a chicken while free ranging June 2020 mid afternoon.
I don't kill predators that take a chicken while free ranging.
I expect loses and replace with chicks every year or 2. GC
I admire your positivity and great attitude.You have a healthy respect for wildlife.

I have seen a bobcat twice. Once creeping on my chickens and once roaming near the chicken pen. After I started patroling and bringing the dogs on walks, they would mark all over the property, and I have never seen it since. I do not believe in killing predators...its cruel IMO. Its like a trap with the chickens being the bait.

I have seen a bobcat twice. Once creeping on my chickens and once roaming near the chicken pen. After I started patroling and bringing the dogs on walks, they would mark all over the property, and I have never seen it since. I do not believe in killing predators...its cruel IMO. Its like a trap with the chickens being the bait.
A good coop and run is usually all it takes. I've never had to kill predators because I've gone to great lengths to protect my chickens. I've never lost a chicken to one but there's always a first as they say. We have long tailed weasels around here and they're hard to keep out.

I will eliminate if it continues to kill. I have lost a bird here and there but when I loose multiple birds the predator will keep coming back. I don't make a habit of killing predators. I do have electric wires around my coops and pens and nothing messes with the very hot wires. A predator will know that whatever is on the other side of the hot wires that it's not worth getting zapped for.

I will eliminate if it continues to kill. I have lost a bird here and there but when I loose multiple birds the predator will keep coming back. I don't make a habit of killing predators. I do have electric wires around my coops and pens and nothing messes with the very hot wires. A predator will know that whatever is on the other side of the hot wires that it's not worth getting zapped for.
My charger is 9000 volts.

Back
Top Bottom