Saw the bobcat hybrid this morning...

Fluf, ChicknGurl, Pedro...thanks for the imput on how best to protect my babies come spring. I give the coop and run thought every day and love the good advice I am getting from all of you. I believe it was buffhooligans that told me about burying the run frame at least 12" into the ground and I believe we are going to rent a ditch witch for that and after we set the frame we are going to fill the ditch in with concrete. Does that sound plausible?
As for our little visitor, I don't anticipate trouble from him, although I know it's entirely possible. I base that statement on what the SO has told me about this farm when it was a commercial chicken farm. Back then there were two houses each housing 15,000 chickens! Guess what their biggest predator problem was? Not the coyotes, not the bobcats, or even the coons, it was the skunks!

There's a breed of cat, the Pixie-Bob, that is suppose to be the result of natural (not planned) breedings between Bobcats and domestic cats. There is a whole legend wrapped up in the development of the breed. Here's one of the websites:
http://www.immaculateconceptsanddesign.com/pixie-bob/all.htm
The stories of the "legend cats" are interesting. I looked into the breed for awhile...alas, purebred cats are too expensive for my budget
sad.png

Donna

Thanks Donna for that link. Very interesting.
I have the digital sitting on the kitchen counter by the back door. Tomorrow morning I am determined to get a pic of our visitor.

Back
Top Bottom