Saw this goose?/swan? and wondered what it is, anyone know?

mudhen

confidently clueless
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Shepherdstown, WV
My DH and I ran away from home for a week. We decided to be irresponsible children and went to Disney World for Christmas.
Just got back yesterday (back to reality
roll.png
).

While we were there, I took pics of these swan(?) at the Animal Kingdom park, but couldn't find anyone to ID them.
I was sure someone here would know. Any ideas?

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe this will help:

The Northern Hemisphere species of swan have pure white plumage but the Southern Hemisphere species are mixed black and white. The Australian Black Swan (Cygnus atratus) is completely black except for the white flight feathers on its wings; the babies of black swans are light grey in colour, and the South American Black-necked Swan has a black neck.

The legs of swans are dark blackish grey, except for the two South American species, which have pink legs. Bill colour varies: the four subarctic species have black bills with varying amounts of yellow, and all the others are patterned red and black. The Mute Swan and Black-necked Swan have a lump at the base of the bill on the upper mandible.​

Thank you BeckyLa!
I know someone on BYC would know. They are definately South American Black-necked swans by that description!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom