Saxony Duck Thread!

Pics
oh I don't have an incubator, I have 2 broody hens in one nest doing it for me.
It gets as cold here in Indiana as it does in Rhode Island I'm guessing so you know how cold that egg was. lol
Yes! Egg swap! I only have Saxony so no mutts and they came from Holderread. Where did yours come from?

I'm sorry to hear that! I believe angel wing is caused by too much protein in the diet, and wet feather can from a lack of swim time (though I believe there are other causes too.) I hope de's doing better.

Thank you! I've been feeding him Purina Flock Raiser Crumbles. I used to give him treats often, but I lowered that, and he seems better. I'm giving him as much swim time he needs now, cleans his home often, and gave him lots of love. ;) He's getting a lot better. Thanks for the advice. However, I am wondering, is there any way to fix angel wing, and get it back into its proper place. It does look quite uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Hey again! I want to take my ducks out for a walk in the park. Anyone know where I can get a leash and harness, or how to make one? My duckies are quite curious and love to scavenge.

Hey again! I want to take my ducks out for a walk in the park. Anyone know where I can get a leash and harness, or how to make one? My duckies are quite curious and love to scavenge.
Oh, so cute. I like that. I have no answer except to suggest you ask this question on "The Duck Thread." It gets alot of traffic. Someone's bound to know.

Yay! My girl, Cuddles has started laying eggs once more! It's her third year, and the eggs are nice and healthy. Not sure if they are fertile... but they are tasty! :p My drake doesn't mate with her often, surprisingly, and he is doing so much better. I let them swim often, and their oil glands are doing fine. After I found out they were just molting, their pluamge is returning and my babies are back in tip-top shape! I hope to enter them in the contest this year!! :D

Hey guys! My female duck keeps flexing her rear as she sits down, and she opens her mouth, but doesn't quack. Is she laying an egg?

Hey all! I have a Saxony duck, who I would like to take to the park. I found a Valhoma Mesh Chicken Harness - Hot Pink - Rooster online. Will this work? It is size medium and is said to fit a rooster. It is also an adjustable harness. It is around $17. Please let me know if this would be good to get her. Here is the site if you like to get a better look: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valhoma-Corporation-625481-Mesh-Chicken-Harness-Hot-Pink-Rooster/47853860

a61a14b7-1e91-49f6-9fd4-e369bd74aa7e_1.cbf7fc714b28ae9a18d777ff98f5966e.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom