Saxony Duck Thread!

Pics
[COLOR=333333]Hey all! I have a Saxony duck, who I would like to take to the park. I found a Valhoma Mesh Chicken Harness - Hot Pink - Rooster online. Will this work? It is size medium and is said to fit a rooster. It is also an adjustable harness. It is around $17. Please let me know if this would be good to get her. Here is the site if you like to get a better look: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valhoma-Corporation-625481-Mesh-Chicken-Harness-Hot-Pink-Rooster/47853860[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]
a61a14b7-1e91-49f6-9fd4-e369bd74aa7e_1.cbf7fc714b28ae9a18d777ff98f5966e.jpeg
[/COLOR]
It might be a bit small. Try going for a L or XL.

Hey all! I found a 72" x 48" metal cage online for around $60. It is metal and has a waterproof cover. Is this big enough for two Saxony ducks to sleep at night? I give them free range when I am out there with them, but when I'm not, I put them in their enclosure due to predators. Let me know if I should get this for my 2 ducks. the height is 24 in.
51CVzX41ToL.jpg

or, should I get this 86" L x 40" W metal cage for $70. It is also metal, and has a waterproof cover. please let me know which is the better buy, or if i should get them at all. I will secure both enclosures with zip ties, ropes...etc. the height is 28 on edge, and 40 in the middle.

71e2OSPcTkL._SL1500_.jpg

Holderread stock by way of other breeders and poultry showers. New Holderread stock for me this year.
Yeah I got mine directly from them a year ago this month'
They'd shipped 12, 1 died in transit and one was sickly from the start and died at around 2 months. The rest were good healthy ducks and still are.
Hey you know about eggs, when do they visibly start moving around in there?

[COLOR=333333]Hey all! I found a 72" x 48" metal cage online for around $60. It is metal and has a waterproof cover. Is this big enough for two Saxony ducks to sleep at night? I give them free range when I am out there with them, but when I'm not, I put them in their enclosure due to predators. Let me know if I should get this for my 2 ducks. the height is 24 in. 
51CVzX41ToL.jpg
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]or, should I get this [COLOR=111111]86" L x 40" W  metal cage for $70. It is also metal, and has a waterproof cover. please let me know which is the better buy, or if i should get them at all. I will secure both enclosures with zip ties, ropes...etc. the height is 28 on edge, and 40 in the middle. [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]
71e2OSPcTkL._SL1500_.jpg
 [/COLOR]
Personally I would get the second one but either one would be fine. Just make sure it's secure to the ground and that nothing can get in.

Yeah I got mine directly from them a year ago this month'
They'd shipped 12, 1 died in transit and one was sickly from the start and died at around 2 months. The rest were good healthy ducks and still are.
Hey you know about eggs, when do they visibly start moving around in there?

Well you can see formation at about a week but it's just veins and a heartbeat. I don't think I've been able to see much after day 21, but up until then there's movement all along the way.

Hi Saxony fans! I need your expertise. I'm posting 2 pics, each have pair of yellow ducklings sold to me as purebred Saxonies, now 5 weeks old. The others are Saxony/Ancona crosses sold to me by the same person. I'm beginning to suspect that those little yellow babes are not Saxonies. They are much smaller than the "Saxony/Ancona crosses" of same age and IMO PB Saxonies should be faster growing. Thoughts? Their feathers are just starting to turn brown so wondering if these are actually chocolate Anconas?
saxony1.jpg
saxony2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom