Saying Goodbye to Dolly

My boyfriend asked me why I want chickens if I'm always so upset over them. I've bawled over them so many times, but I could never live without them now that I have them.
Girl, same! My husband says the same exact thing to me all the time. Just something about those beady-eyed, feathery, fluff balls that keep me coming back!

Bob, you are a brother here on BYC- you have a sweet heart, you and your wife are a blessing to us all. I thank you both for helping us all these last 8 months of national hell. Right here on BYC the American family is one. Love and big sister hugs to you both! -- Becky
Thank you for saying that. Always know that you and your feathered friends have a special place in my heart.

I just lost three birds this weekend to a predator, and I was devastated. The miracle is that my sweet Burrito bird (pictured in my avatar) survived. She is just like your Dolly. I carry her everywhere and she loves spending the day in the kitchen with me. I leave the door open for her to come and go as she pleases, but most days she's happy to nap at my feet while I cook. I've cried because I got to keep her in my life, I cry because she is four and I know her time could be short. I only got her last year. People under estimate the enormous personalities that chickens are capable of having. I feel so deeply for your loss. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. RIP Sweet Dolly.
I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs :hugs

Thank you. I’ve really been struggling to get their imagine out of my head. I miss them so much.
It's very hard. The grieving process takes time. Allow yourself some grace and work through the emotions. You will get through it. Soon you will be remembering the good times again and laughing at their remembered antics.

Reading this thread I'm almost on tears. I'm so sorry about Dolly, my favorite hen is a leghorn, I couldn't bear to lose her😭😭😭
If your favorite hen is a leghorn you are truly blessed. Go enjoy spending time with her. Do not fear the future, consider yourself blessed for being able to recognize how great they are. Most people dismiss them as little egg machines. Welcome to that exclusive club who truly know the leghorn in all their specialness.

Back
Top Bottom