Saying Goodbye!

teriz1091

Songster
7 Years
Oct 6, 2015
Kansas
My husband & I recently separated, & I can’t keep up with maintaining our current house & all the animals by myself. I’m moving back into town, which means I have to give up our flock. They’re going to my boss’s place & will be well cared for, but I’ve enjoyed having chickens over the past 4 years. 2 of our 3 original hens are still alive. I’m going to miss having the fresh eggs & watching their antics. Maybe someday I’ll be able to have a small flock again. I’ll still get on here from time to time to read everyone’s stories & posts, as I’ve enjoyed this community as well.

My husband & I recently separated, & I can’t keep up with maintaining our current house & all the animals by myself. I’m moving back into town, which means I have to give up our flock. They’re going to my boss’s place & will be well cared for, but I’ve enjoyed having chickens over the past 4 years. 2 of our 3 original hens are still alive. I’m going to miss having the fresh eggs & watching their antics. Maybe someday I’ll be able to have a small flock again. I’ll still get on here from time to time to read everyone’s stories & posts, as I’ve enjoyed this community as well.
Sorry for the turn of events that have led to this. But wishing you much happiness on your future journey and way to go on finding your flock a home where they will be well cared for.

you are welcome to stay a member even if you do not have flock right now friends should be held closer when lifetime takes new roads

We said goodbye to the flock today. (I must admit I’m not the least bit sad to see the guineas go!) my 2yr old daughter was confused, but I explained it as the birds are going with Mommy’s friend to his house so they can play with other chickens & make new friends. She wanted to feed them one more time, so we let her throw some scratch into the cages before they left. She was sad that the pet turkey, BamBam was leaving.
It’s strangely quiet not having any clucking, turkey chirps, or guinea squawks.

It’s bittersweet, but someday we’ll start a small flock again. I loved my Buff Orpington hen.

We said goodbye to the flock today. (I must admit I’m not the least bit sad to see the guineas go!) my 2yr old daughter was confused, but I explained it as the birds are going with Mommy’s friend to his house so they can play with other chickens & make new friends. She wanted to feed them one more time, so we let her throw some scratch into the cages before they left. She was sad that the pet turkey, BamBam was leaving.
It’s strangely quiet not having any clucking, turkey chirps, or guinea squawks.

It’s bittersweet, but someday we’ll start a small flock again. I loved my Buff Orpington hen.
:hit

Back
Top Bottom