scabby sores on face nad head

refuge chicken

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 9, 2013
algarve, portugal,europe
3 of my chickens plus the turkey have all got these scabby sores appeared on their face and heads, for the rest theyre fine, can someone tell me what it is and what to do please? have introduced 2 new chicks but had them seperate for 3 weeks first, have been and brought some baytril and started with that as some look open, im in portugal and dont have the best access to things......

I would save the Baytril for if they become ill--an eye or skin infection, or the wet pox in the throat and nose. You may want to apply some iodine to the scabs to dry them up--when they are wet they can spread more I believe.

Last edited:
yeah i think your right, looks the same, and we have had lots of mosquitoes recently, dam things, so theres nothing i can do just let it ride its course out, i didnt see any mouth scabs when i was putting the baytril and there all eating well so suppose just keep an eye on them. thanks alot for the quick information!

I would save the Baytril for if they become ill--an eye or skin infection, or the wet pox in the throat and nose. You may want to apply some iodine to the scabs to dry them up--when they are wet they can spread more I believe.
X2, save it for when/if you need it.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom