Scabby swollen faces. Northern Fowl mite infestation. Help pls!

HELLO! I'm sorry I'm so late but yes she is 100% percent her weight went back to normal shortly after I stopped posting and the scabs all came off and she looks exactly like she did before AND the mites are gone! I used the peremethrin 10% and it worked fantastic. I still use DE as a preventative but I am much more consistent and I dust the dirt/wood chips and I dust her also. Now I have a new dilemma..she is lonely, so I just got 2 new hens 6months old and Bouillon is quite feisty and lets every new comer know this is her house!! I put them in tonight actually so I will check on them early tomorrow

I would continue to use DE Powder as I find this very effective underneath their bedding because it finds its way into all of the crevices of the house. I would also use Ivermectin drops on their skin (about 4 drops per chicken) to clear up the Scaly Face Mite. Lesley

Hi, I would think that the treatment for Northern Mite is much the same as for Scaly Face Mite - dust the house with DE powder regularly and use Ivermectin on the bird, weekly if necessary. Lesley

Back
Top Bottom