Scabs on chicken head

You want a rooster that respects you and the hens for sure but a rooster will go to mate a hen and the other rooster will see it and they will go back and fourth
Okay it sounds like rooster stew time! It is a year old. Is that too old to eat? This is my first time raising chickens. We have 8 11 week old chickens that we will add to these older ones once they are old enough.

Do you have a proper setup? Why have they be disppearing??
Yes we have a wonderful set up. We had 2 Pyrenees puppies. We had to teach them not to bother the chickens. And now they are good with that. But we lost one because of that. A couple of them decided to roost in the tree at night and we couldn’t get them down. And one of them was gone in the morning. We never had any chickens roost again in the trees! I think it was too traumatizing for them to see or hear.puppies

To treat her head, sperate her on a see no touch area. Make sure she can see the other chickens, but they can't get to her. Is there a bunch of dirt caked to the wound? If so, get some warm water and do a compress to remove any caked dirt/poop. I'm assuming there's a scab, cover the scab in a thick layer of Neosporin to keep it moist. Blue Kote alone will dry out the wound, and Neosporin/antibacterial ointment works better.
Keep her separated untill she's healed, and get rid of the aggressive rooster. 1 year old isn't to old to harvest, you can harvest them at any age. Enjoy your rooster soup!

Back
Top Bottom