Scaley Leg mites... oops

I can identify with that since I am from WV and presently live in a small farming community. The gasoline suggestion is from TheChickenChick's website by a vet she contacted. They did recommend it to immediately kill the mites, then rinse it off, I believe. I usually take a nontoxic approach if I can, though. Castor oil is actually pretty good, since it does not make such an oily mess, and may need to be applied only as needed. Many love coconut oil as well. The main thing is to rub it up into the scales.

The garlic spray may work, but I haven't used it. If more people try it, it may become a favorite method, but the regular use of oil does work for me.

That seems fair, thank you for the advice. When should I see results if I treat her daily?

Treat her once a week with the oil or vaseline. New scales should grow in slowly over several weeks. I am not sure about the frequency of the garlic water spraying method.

Treat her once a week with the oil or vaseline. New scales should grow in slowly over several weeks. I am not sure about the frequency of the garlic water spraying method.

Alright, I sure hope I can save this pretty girl.

044B9801-CAAD-4951-853A-DA21C665FBBA.jpeg
It was sweet of you to bring her home. Keep us posted on how she's doing. BYC is a great place to hang out for any guidance you may need. Lots of great people here.

It’s a bad photo but it’s what I could get while she wasn’t struggling. It looked worse pre motor oil so I’m not sure if it’s the coloring or that it actually did something.

Back
Top Bottom