Scaly leg mites still not going away

I’m only using the ivermectin. I will reevaluate after 3 treatments and see how they are doing. Ivermectin seems like the easiest treatment so I hope it works :fl
I hear ya, I'm hoping it works for my buff Orpington. Legs starting to look darker though and azygous said it could be infection so once my amoxicillin arrives I'm going to give that too.

I am reaffirming what @RoosterML just said. Do NOT give Ivermectin daily!

Nothing in my post on Ivermectin dosage says to give it every day. This is a powerful med! It can cause harm if you overdose it. Please go back and read all instructions on dosages carefully.
Hello! We ordered the amoxicillin pills you suggested. Do you have any suggestions for how many to give? ,they are the kind of pills you can open and sprinkle the contents out.

Attachments

• 20201120_160151.jpg
    20201120_160151.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 7
Just pop one 250 mg capsule directly into the beak. Not necessary to get tricky about it. Some insist it's better to divide the pill and give half in the morning and the other half in the evening, but I've discovered it works just as well with the one 250 mg dose. One a day for ten days.

Just pop one 250 mg capsule directly into the beak. Not necessary to get tricky about it. Some insist it's better to divide the pill and give half in the morning and the other half in the evening, but I've discovered it works just as well with the one 250 mg dose. One a day for ten days.
Great thank you. We did just what you said at bedtime tonight. So glad we did not have to do any injections!

We have one pill yesterday around 445 PM and one this morning around 830 AM. When you say a day do you mean a full 24 hours or is what I am doing OK? I was going to give her another one tomorrow morning.

Also, we soaked her feet in warm water and scrubbed away the black gunk on her scaly feet. It mostly came off and now her legs are mostly red and irritated looking, I am assuming from the brushing and infection. I also applied more Vaseline too. Was happy to see the black gunk come off!

We appreciate all your posts and help with this issue! We have learned a lot and have all the supplies we need now if this happens again. I'm also much better able to handle and comfortable handling the chickens after this endeavor!

Relieved that it does not seem to have spread to the others...

Will take some today!
Here are some pics of her feet today. So far I have...

Rubbed Vaseline on legs and feet at bedtime every other night for two weeks

Have 4 drops on back of neck of ivermectin about 4 days ago

She has received amoxicillin 250 mg dose once daily for past three days

Soaked feet in warm water and brushed them with a little dawn

They still appear very red along sides and in toe crevices like they are irritated/inflamed. Also look enlarged. Still some darker dirty areas but I think I should be able to scrub that off next time I soak her. Have not noticed her walking funny or anything that would alert me to her being in pain or uncomfortable.

Attachments

• 5148.jpeg
    5148.jpeg
    787.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 5154.jpeg
    5154.jpeg
    790.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 5155.jpeg
    5155.jpeg
    747.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 4580.jpeg
    4580.jpeg