Scaly Leg Mites?

okiemomma4

Chirping
Dec 2, 2021
I'm pretty sure some of my chickens have SLM and I need to treat, the problem is it's been really cold and we are heading into another one. It's to cold to wash and dip them and I don't have anywhere warm I can bring them into. My barn doesn't have electric or heat. Taking them into my house is not an option. Any ideas or advice? Thank you

I'm pretty sure some of my chickens have SLM and I need to treat, the problem is it's been really cold and we are heading into another one. It's to cold to wash and dip them and I don't have anywhere warm I can bring them into. My barn doesn't have electric or heat. Taking them into my house is not an option. Any ideas or advice? Thank you
Wash legs, pat dry, & a rubbing alcohol dip.
The rubbing alcohol will kill the mites, & evaporates off the legs. She can be kept inside while it dries out, then put her back outside.
May need to repeat in 10 days.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I have no help to offer, but I'm wondering what symptoms your chicken is experiencing.
I have one girl is is acting off and both her legs have the raised scale look that they get. I also have a couple of others girls that are showing a few raised scales on their legs.

Back
Top Bottom