Scaly leg mites

Aji Dulce

Songster
10 Years
Jun 30, 2013
Wake Forest NC
I am treating my flock with Ivermectin. I don’t have the pour-on so I’m putting the regular Ivermectin, three drops on the skin at the back of the neck. I can’t find information on egg withdrawal. Some people choose to not eat the eggs for 5 to 7 days but there’s nothing definitive. What is your experience or where can I find information? Thanks!

7 days is what I've read. We used the pour-on, same method though of a couple of drops on the same spot you did.

I don't eat eggs and hubby said he didn't care and ate them anyway, saying that maybe if it really is in the eggs it'll cure him of something he didn't know he had. That was a couple of months ago and he's still alive. :)

I am treating my flock with Ivermectin. I don’t have the pour-on so I’m putting the regular Ivermectin, three drops on the skin at the back of the neck. I can’t find information on egg withdrawal. Some people choose to not eat the eggs for 5 to 7 days but there’s nothing definitive. What is your experience or where can I find information? Thanks!
Scaly leg mites do not need poison/medicins with side efffects. You can suffocate the SLM with vaseline/grease. And imho its alway wise to be careful with eating eggs after using medication.

Effects from poisons are often not exposed immediately, but can have effects after decades. Like getting Parkinsons diseases when growing older after using or breathing in pesticides earlier in life.

Known side effects of ivermectin with dogs/humans are: allergic reactions • swellings • diarrhoea • dizziness • low blood pressure (hypotension).

Back
Top Bottom