Scared, aggressive hen, what should I do?

Since then I noticed that the pullet that bit me is very scared of other chickens, especially the cockerel who often chases only her away from the flock. He's nice to other chickens and me.
So she's often alone and even when she's with the flock she keeps her distance and runs away before anyone can peck her.
Could you post some pictures of her?

I believe that a bad behavior in a chicken that seems to stem from breed and genetics is much more difficult to train out of a chicken, and most people sense this so they usually cull instead of spend an inordinately amount of time and effort trying to discipline and train. When the choice is made to train instead of to cull, you need to be committed to it and accept it will take a lot of time and effort.

This rooster would deliver such deep and serious wounds that most people would not be inclined to keep such a bird. Why I kept him and persevered, I really can't explain. Just an intuitive sense that he was a good rooster with a neurotic issue, which I did become aware of. Discovering he was reacting to my own bad behavior was a revelation not easily arrived at by most chicken keepers.

Chickens tell us important things with their behavior, and if we listen with an open mind, they can become the solution to the problem.

Could you post some pictures of her?

20220912_100352.jpg
20220912_100413.jpg

These pics are hers. I haven't seen her sitting in the nesting box but she might be laying somewhere else. She's so scared of going into the coop as other chickens chase her away from the food.

The below is the cockerel who's the same age as her.
20220912_100609.jpg

Attachments

• 20220912_100358.jpg
    20220912_100358.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom