Scared to death!

octapip7

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
Last year I was a victim of a brief, but brutal, case of cyberbullying. School starts in a matter of hours, and I'm scared to tears to go back, in my used clothes and untamed hair. I've been buying all used clothes for a change, because I'm saving for something life changing... Yet, no one else gets it. You know how girls are; You're judged by your clothes, friends, and how you react to people... I'm a reasonably modest person, and a strong Christian, which is almost IMPOSSIBLE in a public school. I'm sure that things will be okay; I'm just terrified. I've been having dreams for about a week, dreading this moment... Now it's almost here.

hugs.gif

Don't be afraid to report anyone bullying you. Most schools have a zero tolerance for bullying. Does your school have a resource officer?

You being a Christian, you have something to hang onto. You have your faith to see you through. Just know that the Plan that God has for you is perfect, and everything that happens to you, shapes you into the person He wants you to be.

My son was bullied in grade school, middle school and finally high school. Today at 22 years old, he is a very strong and confident young man, makes friends easily and is always willing to help someone in need, whether he knows them or not. Everything he went through made him a stronger man.

Now that I have said all that, I want to ask: Do you have good support from your family?

hugs.gif
Thank you guys.

The thing is, this girl will kill me (mentally, of course) if she knows I reported her... She'd make sure my friends hated me.
sad.png

I don't think that my family knows this is hurting me... I've wanted to be home schooled, but that's a no-go because I'd be socially awkward, in their opinion.
sad.png

Octapip7, I'll be praying for you. For mental strength and wisdom beyond your years. Hang in there kiddo, keep your eyes and focus on the Lord, He'll see you through if you'll let Him.

I think there are new laws that let you report anonymously. Can your parents or guardian help ? Maybe even your pastor? Good Luck and remember your prayers, that will help you get through the rough times.
hugs.gif
frow.gif
love.gif

Quote:
hugs.gif
Please do not allow your fear to let this other person get away with their behavior. You have stated you are a believer, right? You KNOW the power of prayer and the request for protection from harm.

And please, as a parent, talk to your parental people. They love you and want you safe. More than anything else, us parents want our kids safe. No matter how old they are.

You seem like a very clear headed individual. True friends will not turn on you because of one hateful person.

hugs.gif
Thank you for the prayers!

I don't think my dad gets how worried I am, how bad this can get...
hmm.png
Not to mention my mom. She doesn't usually understand.

When my young DD was dangerously stalked by an anon highschool mate, online & then at school & other places that she was tracked by the sicko who even left sick DNA evidence in her locker at school, that at first the law chose to ignore, I literally hounded the gates of hell without relent & got that sicko tracked down, stopped, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Cooled that person's jets, big time. I believe God gave us sound minds to know how to protect ourselves as needed.

Believe it or not there were a couple of other girls also being cyber stalked and pestered at school in that manner but their parents did nothing on their behalf (I was flabbergasted at that) until I contacted the parents and talked with them, which seemed to give them the courage to speak up for their kids and seek prosecution.

If need be, write a letter to your parents explaining your feelings and provide them with stats and facts of cyber bullying that carries over to in-person, so maybe it opens their eyes to what you are going through. Parents that come to realize the facts will not blow it off. If your parents won't hear you please keep telling other adults from pastors to school admin like a broken record until someone does hear you and in turn reasons with your parents, and takes action on your behalf.

Bullying is not the same as it was years ago, even a few years ago, so many parents do not understand the mentality and dangers involved with bullying these days and its style in this day and age, and how easily it can progress to cruel pack mentality at school and the personal cruelty and dangers it can involve.

We have K-12 public schooling (online at home) here that is totally free. Maybe there's something like that in your area? It has been a life saver to many kids and is nothing unusual in these days. Most parents will be agreeable once they understand the damage and/or potential damage being done to their kids otherwise.

I can't even begin to tell you how very sorry I am that you're going through this. There are people that understand this modern-day cruelty and can help you. Please do not stop speaking up loudly and clearly to anyone that will listen until someboby steps in on your behalf.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom