Scared to death!

hugs.gif
Thank you all for the kind words.
hugs.gif

dewey - Thank you so much! I remember those verses from when I was in Elementary school in Awana... They're beautiful and encouraging. Thank you!
hugs.gif

guinea fowl galore - Thank you for the tips.
smile.png
I don't think my parents know exactly how I'm feeling right now.
hmm.png
I can see how I'm kind of an introvert when it comes to telling them my problems. Sadly, the way that they found out about the issue was on Facebook. (I allowed my mom to use pictures from my account, and while she was saving them onto the computer, a nasty message popped up.)

I have WHAT in my yard? - I'm so sorry for your daughter's hard times in school.
sad.png
I realize that some Christians take things too far, and are vicious to people who aren't of religion. I'm so sorry that that happened to her.
sad.png
I have to say, they aren't real Christians at all if they were using their faith as an excuse to bully her, and using language and being mean.
hugs.gif
That's anything but kindness.
hugs.gif

Cpprpnny19 - I'll make a point of talking to them about this, now.
hugs.gif

darkmatter - Thank you.
hugs.gif
I know this year, I'll make a point of not making 'friends' with people like her (Superficial, always talking badly about people, etc) for sure.
smile.png

Acre of Blessings -
hugs.gif
Thank you for your prayers and kind words! I've been praying a lot about this, and my heart is more calm (I'm not a tearful nervous wreck!), but it's still nagging me... Not to mention you guys! BYC is where I've met the most supportive people I know!
hugs.gif
I really appreciate you guys.

SarahFair - I am so sorry for what happened to you as a child!
sad.png
Thank you SO much for you inspiration, though.
hugs.gif
I'm starting to think more positively, bit by bit. You're right! The different people are the ones who change the world.
smile.png
hugs.gif

Sillychicken - I am SO sorry for you terrible experience!
sad.png
hugs.gif
I'm sure that my case isn't as bad as that. Thank you! Seriously, all of your inspirational words/stories, everyone, are motivating me to fight back!
smile.png
hugs.gif

I wanted to thank you ALL for your kind words, prayers, and inspiration.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I was bullied starting in second grade and it went on clear up to 8th grade. I was switched to a different school for High School, but even that did not fully stop the bullying. I had to ride the city bus to my school and the bullies rode the regular bus that went by me every morning. They took to throwing things out the back window at me.
I talked to my counselar who told me to get all the info off of the bus. Next day I did get it as they just missed hitting me in the head with an apple. I turned it over to my principle who, being a great guy, got the ball rolling. The bus driver got in trouble and a couple of the kids got kicked off the bus and they could not have the windows on the bus down for the whole year.

My advice to you is to do what I never did, but my son has done to stop the bullying that he was facing. Stand up and defend yourself. Yes it is scarey because you do not want to be hurt, but if you do not it will get worse.
Talk with the principle and superindent of your school. Tell them what is going on and take in the cyber bullying evidence.

Just remember you will be out of school with them soon and off to live your own life. Make it better then theirs and you win against them.

Last edited:
Oh, as a mom my heart goes out to you.....One of my sons was bullied in school, and I know it is sooo hard. Just keep to yourself and focus on school. Hang around with the friends that are true.

Remember that those kids who bully don't mean a thing to you....Their parents haven't taught them any manners, and they bully out of their own insecurities, because being mean to someone, and getting a reaction is their payoff.

So remember NEVER to react to their mean comments or looks.....Because it's EXACTLY what they want.

Think to yourself, "These bullies just don't matter to me."

And hang in there!

hugs.gif

I had no luck fighting 4 months with a public school district over my ds being bullied daily.He was only 5 and he was hit,pinched,and spit on to name a few things.The more I complained the less the school did to help him.I finally pulled him out,and placed him in a private school.We are talking about a zero tolerance district. If the school does not remedy the situation consider switching to another school,an online public school,or homeschooling.Once you get into college this pathetic behavior is less prevelant.

There is no reason to keep going to a place you are miserable.Life is to short for that.Some consider it running away,but I looked at it as moving on. My only regret is giving it 4 months.I should have pulled my kid sooner.

I can't tell you the last time I bought NEW cloths.Thrift stores rule! I am sad to hear how it is for you.I let my kids choose each year where/how they want to learn. Best wishes for you!

Just wanted to add that although I love my kids VERY much I was frustrated that I had to deal with this issue.My dh ignored it as did all other family/friends."Deal with it,fight back,what are you doing to make them target you?" were some of the things we heard. No one wanted to hear about my child being hurt at school by other kids.

I just wanted my kids to be happy at school like so many others. I did not want to deal with talking to the teacher,counselor,pricipal,and superintendent. I was frustrated that my kid was targeted.I was frustrated that he could not handle it on his own. Frusrated that no one helped me or even sympathised.

As time went on my child told me less of what was done to him. I could not protect him. Everyone at school said he was happy and *all was well*. He became a quite,sad,angry child.He was not like that when he started school. In the end I realised that either I side with my child or with everyone else. I choose my child and against everyone I pulled him out. We never looked back. The school/district white washed everything to make them shine. I don't care anymore,because the important thing was I helped my child.

Talk with your parents and just keep talking.It is hard for them to deal with their child being bullied but they need too.Atleast one person needs to step up and help.

Too many wonderful children end their lives because no one would help them.

Two quotes come to mind.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"...Eleanor Roosevelt

and my personal favorite,

"Stand up and stand out."

I know I'm an old man. But I'm a mean, firm old man.

DO NOT bully others, and DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE BULLIED.

Rise above that petty stuff. Your life is too important to waste.

Quote:
Agreed. That's why I asked if the school had a school resource officer, i.e., a police officer that works in the school. They know just how to handle it so the bully or bullies won't know where it came from.

You are introverted? How about adding a martial arts class outside of school like at the Y? This will give you the confidence to stand taller and reflect with your body language that you will no longer be a victim. Are you part of a youth group at church? Maybe you can do this with some other students from there. Ask a trusted person outside of your house (Pastor, youth director) to accompany you to the counciling office. Beforehand meet with the Pastor and then bring your parents on board with as much informaton on statistics you can find. Put it in writing as many details you can share WITHOUT the emotions. This sometimes works better, because they see within the lines the emotions of what happened. Give names. Where and when. The Pastor and youth director should have had classes on how to help under these situations. Make copies of all papers. Then during the meeting, have someone be proactive, what can be done, get dates for commitments.

That said, there's probably nothing that can legally be done because of the time frames. Here, it is a pretty narrow window, and shame/fear keeps kids from gleaming enough courage to do so. It's wrong. But putting bullys on notice still raises the bar in letting them know it will not be tolerated, and such will be reported.

Hugs!

Back
Top Bottom