Scared

Okay I just candled it... The air sac is still good sized... It takes up the upper section of the large part of the egg. It's really hard to see in the egg it's mostly all black inside. I didn't see any movement or hear anything though. I was reading on another thread that her egg is moving back and forth. I have never seen my egg move. Not having very good feelings about this baby

Last edited:
Okay I just candled it... The air sac is still good sized... It takes up the upper section of the large part of the egg. It's really hard to see in the egg it's mostly all black inside. I didn't see any movement or hear anything though. I was reading on another thread that her egg is moving back and forth. I have never seen my egg move. Not having very good feelings about this baby
LL

is there no movement?

i dont want you to lose your chick, but while you candled did you tap it with your nail to see if it would tap back? try playing other chick noises from you tube?
did you see anywhere on the egg where it may have tried to pip (poke a hole in the shell)

Oh :( the air sac looks like the day 14 in your picture. I did tap on the shell and played baby chick noises for about 5 minutes and saw no movement whatsoever. I didn't see any place where it look like the baby was trying to pip. Now I wish I wouldn't have brought the granddaughter over to watch it hatch. Not sure how to explain to Young ones about this situation. It's so terribly sad. I wish I hadn't heard it chirping yesterday I think it wouldn't be so sad for me right now if I hadn't

Last edited:
hugs.gif

You could start to open it if you wanted, do an eggtopsy, but it may be too early, i am not good at judging, i have no idea

911- INCUBATION & CHICK EMERGENCIES!

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - Click HERE
NOPE she is not ready for you to assist yet! post #24835 now is she? post #24850
MALPOSITIONS /PIPS WRONG END are the first to pip and the last DIS after hatch post #19606
Malposition (pipped wrong end) chick most times will hatch! VIDEO post #22241
A WRONG END PIP IS BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL Pip! post #518454 VIDEO HATCHING post #54642

Thank you for all of your help. I greatly appreciate it. I think I will let the egg be for a couple more days. I will let you know if if it happens to hatch. Again thank you for all your help

I did the water test. The egg floats a little bit out of the water but it's floating sideways. In the video the eggs are floating up and down

Nope, it just sat there. I I think I will just leave it for 3 or 4 days and see if maybe we get lucky enough to have a baby chicken. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to try and help a complete stranger with her baby chickens. I do greatly appreciate it and I will let you know if we happen to Get Lucky and have a baby in the next couple days

Back
Top Bottom