Scares me every time I see this,

tigercreek

Songster
9 Years
Nov 30, 2010
Edgefield county South Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
I am starting to think they do it just to be messin' with me!! I al ready have a heart condition........

72957_img_3871.jpg

Getting some sun, right, it's over 90 degrees out there!! ...........stan

Haha, they do look so unnatural flopped out with that one leg stretched out, it startles me every time too. So you run to see if they are dead and they squawk and run away, and then BOTH of you are startled.
lol.png

Ours do that too, but one of them sticks a leg out at a strange angle. I swear my heart stopped the first time I saw her doing that!

My 8 year old daughter screamed and ran to our chicken who was laid out llke that yesterday, scared the poor thing.
gig.gif

They look so funny sunning themselves.

Quote:
Me and one of my golden retrievers feel the same, we "check the babies" and if they are sleeping he nudges the brooder with his nose to wake them up!

No, you guys...a dead chicken has it's butt in the air. So if you see a triangle[their tails up high] then that is BAD. Obviously they can have legs every which way or wings out, but a butt in the air=dead or dang near it. Also...'screaming goat' is the sound of chickens being massacred. I know this from my dumb dog going for my flock back last fall.
hmm.png

The common dead bird pose is for more 'natural' deaths...or an evil dust bathing chicken wanting to scare the bananas outta you..lol.

Back
Top Bottom