Scares me every time I see this,

Mine had not done the weird laying in the sun since they were young pullets, and last week they started up again. I had forgotten, so it scared the crap out of me all over again. I still get wigged when I am heading out & see one of them laying in the dirt & NOT MOVING!
barnie.gif

They I get the evil eye, when I make them move.
rant.gif
It reminds me of the grumpy old men fussin about having to do something they don't want to do.

I posted this on a thread in "stories and pics" yesterday...I hope I am allowed to put it here too. It is totally related
hmm.png

Completely freaked me out the first time I saw this---I thought she just keeled over dead!
ep.gif

94725_img_06041.jpg

love love love my chickens!!
love.gif

I think they do it on purpose to punk me. My fav girl Olivia was laid out today like this and LET 2 or 3 others peck her without moving. I got my leg all skinned up falling over the outdoor roost to get to her. Then they all hopped to attention like "What?!?!"

Mine do that as well, and yes my heart stopped when I first saw one of them especially as her leg was sticking out at a funny angle, used to it now and dont run and check anymore...
thumbsup.gif

One of my dogs is either intrigued or alarmed by this behavior... she walks around the chicken looking concerned, and makes a weird moaning sort of noise. Probably thinking "If I only knew how to get the feathers off, I could be eating right now"!

My chickies used to do that when they were younger, about 9-10 weeks. Would scare the
duc.gif
out of me, especially since it's my first set of birds and I was so paranoid about them dying!!

They don't do it as much anymore.... I think they're just being kind to me. *lol*

Back
Top Bottom