Scares me every time I see this,

Impress

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Gray, TN
Haha, they do look so unnatural flopped out with that one leg stretched out, it startles me every time too. So you run to see if they are dead and they squawk and run away, and then BOTH of you are startled.

LT

Songster
8 Years
Aug 21, 2011
West Fork
Ours do that too, but one of them sticks a leg out at a strange angle. I swear my heart stopped the first time I saw her doing that!

JHillgrove

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Snohomish, WA
My 8 year old daughter screamed and ran to our chicken who was laid out llke that yesterday, scared the poor thing.

They look so funny sunning themselves.

miss_thenorth

Songster
12 Years
Dec 28, 2007
SW Ont, Canada
I am so used to chickens doing that, but when little chickies are sleeping, my heart skips a beat. --I have to check to see if they are still alive

GoldDogsMom

Songster
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
Indiana, PA
Quote:Me and one of my golden retrievers feel the same, we "check the babies" and if they are sleeping he nudges the brooder with his nose to wake them up!

secuono

Songster
9 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
No, you guys...a dead chicken has it's butt in the air. So if you see a triangle[their tails up high] then that is BAD. Obviously they can have legs every which way or wings out, but a butt in the air=dead or dang near it. Also...'screaming goat' is the sound of chickens being massacred. I know this from my dumb dog going for my flock back last fall.

The common dead bird pose is for more 'natural' deaths...or an evil dust bathing chicken wanting to scare the bananas outta you..lol.

Top Bottom