Schaghticoke Chicken Swap

train2110

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
eastern New York
There is normally a chicken swap at the Schaghticoke NY fairgrounds in the spring. I have not heard anything about it yet this year. Anyone in the Eastern New York area heard anything yet?
fl.gif

Last edited:
Yup, its going on. Did a search last week. Will be Sunday, May 1st. http://www.townofbrunswick.org/documents/Winter2011Newsletter.pdf

The Grange members hope you had an enjoyable Fall and are now looking forward to Spring. The
organization had a successful Tailgate Sale at the Schaghticoke Fairgrounds in October and will be
holding their next one on Sunday, May 1, 2011.

I think last year it was $10 or $15 to sell. I plan on going again this year.
smile.png

Last edited:
Thank you!
clap.gif

I live just up the road and missed it last year. There is nothing on the fairground website and i was getting a little worried. We will be looking at buy, suprise suprise! Picked up six batams in the fall, but want to add more standard size to the flock.

Again, thank you!

Quote:
I think last year it was $10 or $15 to sell. I plan on going again this year.
smile.png

What do you need to do to become a vendor?

Last year I believe it was $10 or $15 to sell. You just show up and pay the vendor fee and set up.

That is what makes this swap so nice. Just a bunch of regular folks selling chickens, ducks, pigs, rabbits, goats, etc. Usally from the back of a truck or stationwagon. No commercial vendors / company.

Nothing but good ol' chicken folk.

I may but a sticker on my truck with my username on it and see if anybody on here notices...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom