Schaghticoke NY Tailgate Sale This Sunday!!

TattooQ27

Songster
Apr 10, 2009
Upstate NY - Albany area
So, what are you bringing or looking to buy?

I am hoping for:

1 m/f pair of goslings- pilgrim, saddleback or buff
1 or 2 female ducks/ducklings - Pekin, Buff, Ancona or Magpie
1 or 2 hens - Millie Fleur, Barred Rock, German Spitzhauben (not likely but it would be neat), Speckled Sussex or Silver Laced Wyandottes

Last edited:
Im bringing 2 pairs of silkies, and 1 rooster. Some old english game bantams. Some call ducklings (if they hatch), Toulouse goslings, and pekin ducklings hatched yesterday. Brahmas, some feathered out and some just hatched today. Possibly some salmon faverolle chicks that are feathered out. A pair of Salmon Faverolles, if we can fit them in the car. Khaki Campbell and Blue Swedish Ducklings. Some PQ silkie chicks that are feathered out, probably 3 'cause somebody is comming today for some. And 2 silkie chicks hatched today.

Im not really looking for anything, but if anybody has muscovy ducklings I might buy a couple. I had bought 2 last year at the sale and they both ended up being girls and I just sold them last weekend.

The sale starts at 8am for those who dont know. Here is the website. http://www.schaghticokefair.com/events/eventDetail.cfm?eID=50

We
plan on getting there around 7:30am to set up. Last year we got there around 7:30 to buy and things were already going fast.

Quote:
Thanks for responding, I wanted to ask about your goslings but I cleaned out my messages and lost your contact info. I was going to hunt it down but my babies have kept me busy lately. Did you figure out if you can sex the goslings? I heard it wasn't too hard but I haven't tried. Can you give me an idea of how big the toulouse goose gets as compared to a full grown pekin duck? My husband is a little worried that the gander would harass our pekin drake and is thinking a smaller breed might work better but I don't know that the breed of goose matters as much as the temperment of the individual.

Quote:
Thanks for responding, I wanted to ask about your goslings but I cleaned out my messages and lost your contact info. I was going to hunt it down but my babies have kept me busy lately. Did you figure out if you can sex the goslings? I heard it wasn't too hard but I haven't tried. Can you give me an idea of how big the toulouse goose gets as compared to a full grown pekin duck? My husband is a little worried that the gander would harass our pekin drake and is thinking a smaller breed might work better but I don't know that the breed of goose matters as much as the temperment of the individual.

They didnt hatch yet, I expect them to hatch tomorrow and Friday. I will try to sex them and see what I get. I have done it in the past and it worked.

Lets see, I had a pair of pekins when I had my adult geese (recently sold them off). They were maybe 2-2.5 times bigger. I never had any problems with the geese bothering the pekins. Last year I also kept a pair of Toulouse in with my call ducks, and had no problems. They all got along just fine.

It's just east of Machanicville & Stillwater. South East of Saratoga............ I'll be there trying to find turkey chicks, modern games, rumpless Auracana, Serama & what ever else catches my eye. I've already built 2 extra coops with runs. Just in case
wink.png
...See ya there!

Quote:

I have 5 goslings out now and the other 5 eggs are pipped. The 2 oldest goslings were all fluffed up so I moved them to the brooder and sexed them. Nothing popped out, so it looks like they are females, Ill check again in a day or two.

I will be there. will likely have many different things to sell. Also always buying. Hoep to meet some of you.

Back
Top Bottom