Scissor beak EE

Debraaleen

Hatching
Apr 4, 2022
Hi all. So I picked up a few more chicks a couple weeks ago and within a few days, we noticed one of the EE babies has scissor beak. At first it wasn’t so bad, she was able to eat and drink just fine with the others. Recently we had to switch to a wet mash and a dropper because of the severity. I’ve never had a scissor beak chick before. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can make her life a little easier with the beak issues? Pics of her SB below.

Attachments

• 25962BC6-8443-4441-BF84-A81633A739C4.jpeg
    25962BC6-8443-4441-BF84-A81633A739C4.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 635E1869-44C0-4514-B8D9-9C268D19B538.jpeg
    635E1869-44C0-4514-B8D9-9C268D19B538.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 26
Hi all. So I picked up a few more chicks a couple weeks ago and within a few days, we noticed one of the EE babies has scissor beak. At first it wasn’t so bad, she was able to eat and drink just fine with the others. Recently we had to switch to a wet mash and a dropper because of the severity. I’ve never had a scissor beak chick before. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can make her life a little easier with the beak issues? Pics of her SB below.
Poor thing! I hate to say this, but that might be the worst case of crossbeak I've ever seen! This link might help. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...kens-including-tube-feeding-techniques.64321/

i also have a crossbeak EE who is about 8 weeks old, almost more missaligned than yours! (although i know it gets worse with age) but my girl is REALLY struggling. the 3 that i got (including her) are all still in the brooder (because i made the mistake of getting them in October), and i have noticed that she has a constantly wet face as she dunks her whole head in the waterer to drink, and is 1/2 the size and wight of the other two (a blue copper Maran and olive egger) i can also feel her bones when i pick her up. She has a great personality and seems surprisingly strong/resiliant despite this!! I am thinking of tube feeding but I don't know if it would be doable. Does anyone know how I can help her put on weight?? I don't think she will survive if she doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom