scorpion

jack bache

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 4, 2011
i had a scorpion jump onto my shoulder today he would have been 7cm long with the redist tail why was he in my chicken pen? what did he want?
idunno.gif

jack, where are you located?

We have scorpions here in the Valley of the Sun.

I've known scorpion stings on hens that have ended up killing them. Thank the Lord, none in my yard.

Yikes! Falling scorpions?! In warm weather scorpions are not too hard to find around my property. Luckily they are usually under something such as lumber or rocks. That said I found a live one in my living room and a dead one under my wood stove this past August. How they got into the house is a mystery. While I can see the wood and rock piles being good habitat for scorpions I am hoping they do not find the house good habitat! Some of my chickens have mastered the art of killing hornets, I would not put it past those hens to figure out how to kill a scorpion.

i live in Western Australia. it was huge (half the size of a pen long.) and out here that is big so i was kinda worried.
th.gif

I live in the Southern United States so the only thing I have to worry about is rats falling on me while working in somebody's barn. A scorpion falling on my shoulder would have made me go go looking for a clean pair of pants.

The scorpion was probably looking for a safe place and you happened to be in the right place when it needed a ride to the ground. It was probably just a surprised as you were.

Back
Top Bottom