Scrap yard quail cage!

WestoftheRest

Songster
Apr 4, 2018
Far West Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Made a trip to my old man’s scrap pile and now have the beginnings of my new quail cage.
8F8ED4A0-A5D7-4935-B718-284B3C623F33.jpeg

Made a trip to my old man’s scrap pile and now have the beginnings of my new quail cage.
View attachment 1506280
My next door neighbor is re-doing their deck and I scavenged their pile-o-scrap for wood to build an additional pen myself! I built one recently and it has my first batch of birds in it now, but I've hatched more so I'm going to need another one soon! Heres the first one, before paint touch ups and hardware...it looks better now but I don't have new pics.
20180711_051554.jpg

Awesome! I'm not really a DIY person, but I fixed an old rabbit cage for my quail a couple of days ago, they both like it and haven't escaped(I made it secure as I could) A win-win in my books. Can you keep us updated as you build? I'd love to see.

I most definitely will!

Looks like you also have the beginnings for a neat DIY reclaimed-materials quail cage article. Ya think, maybe?

Maybe! We will have to see how it turns out before I take it that far.

My next door neighbor is re-doing their deck and I scavenged their pile-o-scrap for wood to build an additional pen myself! I built one recently and it has my first batch of birds in it now, but I've hatched more so I'm going to need another one soon! Heres the first one, before paint touch ups and hardware...it looks better now but I don't have new pics.
View attachment 1506287

I always gave dad hell about being a pack rat, but it sure comes in handy these days. Chicken/quail math is a real thing. Luckily there is 2 more of those frames, so if needed I can easily expand.

Back
Top Bottom