Scrap yard quail cage!

Here's the beginnings of my new one. I really hoped to get it done today, as my second round of birds is 6 weeks old in 2 days! It's a little further than this now, but just showing the bones
20180909_101026.jpg

I'm wondering if the little tank like thing on the outside is going to hold the water and they will just drink from the little holes. But if the water gets low will they be able to reach it from the little holes?

I don't know and want to....get back here @WestoftheRest

Here's the beginnings of my new one. I really hoped to get it done today, as my second round of birds is 6 weeks old in 2 days! It's a little further than this now, but just showing the bones
View attachment 1529920
My quail are only one month old and I am already planning to build another cage for more quailies.
:oops:

View attachment 1529920

Getting started is the hardest part. I finally got a whole weekend to do “my” stuff. Sure glad the wife let me turn the porch into a disaster.

I'm wondering if the little tank like thing on the outside is going to hold the water and they will just drink from the little holes. But if the water gets low will they be able to reach it from the little holes?

I don't know and want to....get back here @WestoftheRest
37812C3A-65C8-429E-BBF2-775C3E25ACD9.jpeg

A 1/4” line will attach to the circled fitting. It will keep the reservoir full which will keep the pipe full. It has to be pretty darn level to work proper so it will be tricky once I hang it in the barn. Had planned on having it hung today but the sun was faster than me.

View attachment 1530028
A 1/4” line will attach to the circled fitting. It will keep the reservoir full which will keep the pipe full. It has to be pretty darn level to work proper so it will be tricky once I hang it in the barn. Had planned on having it hung today but the sun was faster than me.
Sweet!
So what will the 1/4" line be connected to?
A hose?

Back
Top Bottom