1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Scraps from Juicing

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by cxs918, Oct 1, 2013.

1. cxs918

cxs918 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2013
    Rehoboth, Ma
    Just a quick question, we make our own juice at home from fresh fruits and veggies so I was wondering if the scraps from the juicer are fine to give the chickens? To me it seems fine but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I am missing?

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, it sounds fine to me. Fruits and vegetables are great for chickens. I'm sure your birds will enjoy the scraps.[​IMG]

3. cxs918

cxs918 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2013
    Rehoboth, Ma
    ThanksI thought so but since its all chopped up I didnt know they would like it! So far so good thank!

4. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    On Monday I took my juicer out(haven't used it in a long time). I did figure on giving the chickens and the ducks the leftover veggie/fruit pulp. I used all organic veggies and fruit......carrots, celery, beets, strawberries, apples...... The chickens and the ducks wouldn't eat it. I'm not sure why.... My husband said it was because I drank all the flavoring ....LOL![​IMG]

5. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC

Quote: Probably because it's not something they would naturally eat

6. angie23

angie23 New Egg

Sep 7, 2013
    I feed all my juice pulp to my chickens and ducks. They love it and come running every time I go outside waiting for their treat. I have noticed they like some things more than others. Occasionally there is something they really don't like, but if that's the case they just don't eat it.

7. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    mine love it especially with beets and i can sneak in things they wont touch normally like carrots

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by