Screams in the night...

Quote:
I heard my share of mountain lions. Even got hissed at by one by the barn. Lovely.
hide.gif

Yeah, raccoons can sound scary! So can rabbits being eaten (they scream, and when running they take big leaps that sound like footsteps), coyotes (they scream), bats and owls flying into or almost into the window (they cast big, fast-moving burglar shadows), hawks (screaming, and the window thing), horses and ponies (screaming whinnies, heavy on the screaming), and random couples who think that one of our pastures is actually a deserted lot and have, ah.. loud relations, late at night. About twice to three times a week I wake up wondering what that sound was.
hide.gif

Fortunately we're far enough back from the road that nobody thinks of burgling us! Plus we hear any car coming down the drive because it's so full of potholes, and the ponies think that everybody coming to our house is going to feed them, so they scream/whinny at cars. We also have stranger-phobic hyperactive dogs, which makes me feel a lot safer out here.

Quote:
That's so irresponsible of them! Plus it creates unsafe conditions for the people who live nearby. I wish pet owners would be more responsible, whether it's spaying/neutering or even doing any research at all on the pets they want before getting the pet. And if your conditions change and you really can't take care of something, there are humane societies and SPCAs for a reason. These animals depend on people who let them down and it just breaks my heart every time. D':

Last edited:
We have a fox that screams during the fall which I think is mating season - it is creepy - 1st time I heard it I though something was being eaten.....then we had some feral cats fighting that is spooky also -

Back
Top Bottom