screenshot... what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by kathyinmo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I was trying to PM photos to someone and it won't go through.... Can I only send one at a time?

[​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Weird, I'll look into it.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We have a character limit on PMs because excessively large ones can render a user's message center entirely unusable and inaccessible.

Kathy, next time this happens, will you click the "source" button and copy / paste what is in there into an email to [email protected] byc

4. kathyinmo

OK, I will do that.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Kathy, now i know you are as PC dense as me..(Okay, maybe not AS bad as me..). [​IMG]
    Sooo HOW are you doing that fancy screen shot thingie? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. kathyinmo

You KNOW I am, for sure! Nifty showed me how to do a screen shot. It was really easy. Easy enough that I can do it. [​IMG] I'm not gonna tell you how to do it though, cuz then you would be as smart as me. [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    I haven't had this issue, I've inserted as many as 8 pics in one message (uploaded from My Computer and also Importing offsite Urls), and I didn't have any problems sending it out or viewing it in my Sent box... did they fix this problem/restriction?

9. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    Lots of ways. I use a firefox plugin called grabit, but you can also do ctrl+print screen (some keyboards call it prt scn, it's in the upper row of keys to the right)- that's on a PC, there should be something similar on a mac.
    Then go to any paint program (even Windows paint), and paste (with some programs you need to start a new blank picture and then paste, others have a paste from clipboard menu option). Crop it or resize it and save it.

(OK, now kathyinmo will be mad at me for revealing arcane secrets to someone who hasn't shown me the secret handshake)

10. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, that's it Gargoyle. Turn in your pocket protector. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by