Scroll Work any one?

firedancer57

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Lurking in the corner
Besides taking care my DH, DS (who's home from the Army) my dogs, birds and of course my house chick "Z", the way I get to relax is to break out the Scroll Saw and place blade to wood. I love it. Here are a few of my larger projects. I do a lot of smaller things like ornaments, puzzles etc. Hope you like them.
Ann
66295_imag0067.jpg

66295_imag0065.jpg

66295_imag0075.jpg

66295_parrott_mailbox_1.jpg

those are awesome! yeah, when I get rich that's a hobby I plan for my husband to take up, lol
wink.png
he actually likes making stuff, but doesn't think he is creative, however...the screens he made for our family rockhounds were so nicely made no one wanted to use them and my parents actually used theirs to display jewelry at a gem show. even better, for a "non-artistic" man, for his musician brother he made a wallhanging that was a shark-guitar! dang, I wish the network was working so I could post a pic - it was awesome. I just keep imagining what he could do with the right tools. I'm expecting a settlement this spring, and a scroll saw for my baby is top of the list!

Thank you for the comments. I do love working on my projects. Have started to design chicken ornaments for the swap, will start cutting them in a day or to.
Birdaholic, I love your Quote. I do so miss that feeling. The velvety soft of a horses nose... Haven't been owned by a horse in many years and I miss them.
LizaBlue:I know the feeling of not feeling creative, it took me a long time to even admit that I might have some talent. The saw really are not that expensive. I do the larger work with a hand held, and the smaller like my avitar with a 16" throat dremel scroll saw that we purchased at Sears about 10 years ago. Please post his work, I'd love to see it.
Ann

My poor saw is sitting in the garage since we moved here in March. We were working on a space out there for a shop area, but my husband passed away in July and now the space is more of a spot for spider webs. I just can't seem to get into anything these days. I do lots of crafts.

When I finally get myself moving again, one of my first project will be a type of shadow box where I'll put his picture, ribbons from his flower arrangements, a flag from one arrangement and some other things I saved, like dried flowers, etc. I'm going to add scrolled shelves and some other adornments, like the Army and SOPs insignias. It's a mind work in progress.

I love scroll work. I hope I get back to it soon.

Love your signs!

Wolftracks,
I'm so sorry for your loss, please accept my sympathy and prayers. I know what you mean about trying to get going again. I am 1 year post stroke and I'm still trying to get things right. I have several fantastic websites for scroll saw patterns and the best part most are free! If your interested I be happy to post them here. Scroll saw workshop has a wonderful pattern of the Army emblem & POW/MIA emblem.
Thanks,
Ann

Quote:
Sure, post away!

I've also had several strokes. 5 major to be exact. The first three were helped along by a brain tumor. I'm luckier than most people I know who have had them, but they took a toll especially in the comprehension department.

Bill used to sometimes wear his POW/MIA belt buckle. Now when we go to visit my 4 year old grand daughter looks for Grandpa's other flag. There's a beautifull area with the POW/MIA flag and we drive to and around it when we leave and she always yells about Grandpa's other flag. She missed it once ans was upset till the next time we went back.

I also need to cut those since I'm making a park bench with Grandpa stuff on it. He was sanding down boards the day before to make me some nice flower boxes, but I'm going to use them now for a bench. Maybe even two benches. If things finally clear up with SSA and the VA I'm going to see if I can find some land to buy and then we're going to make some things to add to a prayer garden, so this thread is something that's going to help.

Thank you thank you

Quote:
please accept my condolences as well - I can only imagine that losing your spouse is like being ripped apart inside. the project you are planning sounds so lovely, such a beautiful way to remember him. I can't wait to see your working pictures when you finally feel able to start on it. I'm glad you have your granddaughter to bring you smiles and help you remember your loving husband
hugs.gif

Looks like a bit of a dead thread that needs some life... My scroll saw is one thing that keeps me sane being a stay at home dad. Love doing fine detail fret work. I also make tatting shuttles for my wife.

Back
Top Bottom