Chirping
Mar 7, 2021
Florida
There’s a little nest in my hibiscus...
51D6AD0B-A9D4-4098-91F6-222C4992C122.jpeg
Look inside and you see......
5C3587F8-8719-4B00-823E-8DB84CB42775.jpeg

Babas!!!!!

Saw the momma recently, seems to be a scrub jay nest. Three little eggos! She did a good job!

I’ll be checking on the nest every other day to see if some peeps have hatched.
Once they have, I’ll try to take growth pics daily!

> I will leave the nest is 100% undisturbed (unless an egg falls, then I will return it to the nest), and I will not approach if the mother is on them to prevent unnecessary stress! It’s important to treat wild birds kindly for their own well-being.

Does anyone else have nests in their yards? :)

There’s a little nest in my hibiscus...
View attachment 2701451Look inside and you see......
View attachment 2701452
Babas!!!!!

Saw the momma recently, seems to be a scrub jay nest. Three little eggos! She did a good job!

I’ll be checking on the nest every other day to see if some peeps have hatched.
Once they have, I’ll try to take growth pics daily!

> I will leave the nest is 100% undisturbed (unless an egg falls, then I will return it to the nest), and I will not approach if the mother is on them to prevent unnecessary stress! It’s important to treat wild birds kindly for their own well-being.

Does anyone else have nests in their yards? :)
Awesome! Sounds like you know what to do...let nature take its course. We have a finch nest in our front yard. Recently, 4 chicks were hatched.

They're so cute! I wish birds would nest in my yard (where I can see them, anyway). I do have 2 birdhouses, both currently occupied by house sparrows. Really, all baby birds are cute and funny!

They're so cute! I wish birds would nest in my yard (where I can see them, anyway). I do have 2 birdhouses, both currently occupied by house sparrows. Really, all baby birds are cute and funny!
You’re so right!! It’s always a pleasure to see them. I’m so lucky she decided to nest in my yard, let alone my hibiscus I can actually see into!

Back
Top Bottom