Sdwd

Well glad you there and I'm here where its only 33 and freezing rain .
The hens have been out all morning since light but the two Cockerels
didn't arise till noon. Typical teens LOL

Just for the heck of it, I hit the recall button on our little home weather station. It records the high and low temp for the last 24 hours. At 1:21 this morning, we hit minus EIGHT! Yikes!
ep.gif

Just for the heck of it, I hit the recall button on our little home weather station. It records the high and low temp for the last 24 hours. At 1:21 this morning, we hit minus EIGHT! Yikes!
ep.gif
Too cold for my old joints LOL - Been there and done that when younger Dad [USAF] was stationed in Alberta Canada , Rome NY , Langley Mass and Fargo ND.
You can have it . It snows here in VA but its usually gone in 2 days in this part.

Hope everybody is ok. This is some crazy weather.
We all need three homes to get the right weather for us. I would like it to stay 55deg. at night and 70 during the day.

Hope everybody is ok. This is some crazy weather.
We all need three homes to get the right weather for us. I would like it to stay 55deg. at night and 70 during the day.
Good wishing ! But I don't know where that place is .
On the bright side egg production is up. Getting 6>9 a day from 14 Hens/pullets. Not sure if its the light comes on at 4AM or molts over.

Last edited:
Good wishing ! But I don't know where that place is .
On the bright side egg production is up. Getting 6>9 a day from 14 Hens/pullets. Not sure if its the light comes on at 4AM or molts over.
Maybe south Fla.
Or the HoloDeck on Star Trek where you can make it what ever you want.
I got about 25 eggs yesterday from EE, Rocks ,Buff Opr. and a few from the Dellies.

Last edited:
South Florida is much too hot. It is humid and repressive. I prefer four seasons but a bit milder than You are. We do have days in winter where we might get a light snow. Also maybe a day or two below 20's . Most of the time the temp. is bareable. A light jacket is enough. Right now I have green grass on my hill.
My only problem here is the neighbor. Drugs, shooting , cursing burning stuff in the middle of the night etc. No laws this far from town much. No way to get protection if i reported them, so I stay quiet. Maybe this to will pass with time.

South Florida is much too hot.  It is humid and repressive.  I prefer four seasons but a bit milder than You are.  We do have days in winter where we might get a light snow.  Also maybe a day or two below 20's .  Most of the time the temp. is bareable. A light jacket is enough.  Right now I have green grass on my hill.
My only problem here is the neighbor.  Drugs, shooting , cursing burning stuff in the middle of the night etc.  No laws this far from town much.  No way to get protection if i reported them, so I stay quiet.  Maybe this to will pass with time.

You know what Teddy said " Speak softly but.carry a big stick "

Back
Top Bottom