Seabright hen x Mlle Fleur rooster

Aug 7, 2020
Do hen feathered breeds overtake the Mlle fleur pattern?? My chick is solid black currently with a yellow area near it's vent (chick fuzz, not anything odd). Mom's a golden seabright and I'm intrigued. It has long legs like mom that are half feathered which we already have non bantam one who is like that too.

(hen that is like that is a brahma x barred rock-- dad was barred rock mom was brahma -- she's got the half feathered legs too so I know it's a trait)

Do hen feathered breeds overtake the Mlle fleur pattern?? My chick is solid black currently with a yellow area near it's vent (chick fuzz, not anything odd). Mom's a golden seabright and I'm intrigued. It has long legs like mom that are half feathered which we already have non bantam one who is like that too.

(hen that is like that is a brahma x barred rock-- dad was barred rock mom was brahma -- she's got the half feathered legs too so I know it's a trait)
Hen feathering (from the Sebright) is a dominant gene. So any male chicks from that cross are expected to be hen-feathered. (Unless the Sebright happens to have normal feathering instead, which does sometimes happen.)

I would expect it to grow feathers that look poorly-laced (like a bad Sebright pattern) when it grows up, and not show the white tips (mottling) of the Mille Fleur.

Yes, chicks from feather legs x clean legs tend to have legs with an in-between amount of feathering.

Back
Top Bottom