Seabuck 7 reviews

2 weeks into Seabuck7. Observations.

First observation. Bottle looks tiny compared to the picture on Seabuck's website. Granted, it says 32oz somewhere. The picture looks like a gallon. $1.06oz. Ok.

Second, the liquid form, as others experienced is not easy to mix in food. Nor can you put it into the water supply. I did find however, that once my girls acquired a taste for it, they will drink it straight. So now, I just give it to them in a dish.

Benefits:

Yes, I did see an increase in egg production. But, the last couple of days, it has slowed again. So, not really conclusive.
My bullied Americauna was looking a little thin. She loves drinking the stuff. She has put on some weight, and has some feathers growing back where they were plucked out.
But, I also put pinless peepers on the bully around the time I started giving out the Seabuck. Again inconclusive.

I will however keep monitoring and post once I have more conclusive data.

Hard to do a conclusive test; so many factors play into their health and laying. I have one bottle left to use up. How come you can't mix it in the water? It waters it down but they're still getting it in their system. I use an old squirt bottle. Tried spraying it on but clogged the spout too much. Would be good if they dried it and then you could just sprinkle some on their food.

I've thought about putting it in their water. I use a 5 gallon bucket with watering nipples in their enclosed run. I was concerned it may clog the nipples. I do use a gravity trough style waterer (which they prefer) in their yard but, I am constantly cleaning dirt out of the pan. Hence, dumping a fair amount of water. This stuff is expensive so, that's really been my main aversion to diluting it in water. So far, a couple of capfulls and a small dish seems to be the easiest method.

I've thought about putting it in their water. I use a 5 gallon bucket with watering nipples in their enclosed run. I was concerned it may clog the nipples. I do use a gravity trough style waterer (which they prefer) in their yard but, I am constantly cleaning dirt out of the pan. Hence, dumping a fair amount of water. This stuff is expensive so, that's really been my main aversion to diluting it in water. So far, a couple of capfulls and a small dish seems to be the easiest method.

I've put some in water and then I pour that over the food. Giving them wet food helps them get good amounts of water in their system. They love moist food.

I made a small water fountain and mixed 3:1. They readily drink it. It's diluted enough to stay clean and not create too much waste. As far as their taking and enjoying it, I'd say it's good. Results, not too sure. I had 0 eggs yesterday. First time in a long time. With rain, decreasing temperature, shorter days, and 1 of 4 moulting, there is no way to determine if it works at all. I will be bringing in two new pullets, and will have them on it as well.. But for now, the jury is still out.

Back
Top Bottom