Search Behaving Badly

I'm not having any more luck with the Threadloom search than the plain vanilla search. I tried to look up an old thread of mine, using the exact title, and it didn't find it. Neither did the plain search.
Sorry, I'm trying really hard not to get frustrated... but I keep asking for more details other than just vague complaints. We can't fix what we can't exactly duplicate.

Give CLEAR AND DETAILED examples like:
  1. I clicked on the link here: <link>
  2. I typed in the search query: "<example>", and then clicked "Search"
  3. I got results that showed xyz, but here's what I was expecting to receive: <links, examples, etc. etc. etc.
Again, we need issues to be reported with exact steps to reproduce the problem. If we can't reproduce the problem, we can't fix it. Use this analogy:

"Hi Dr., I do something and it hurts somewhere."
vs.
"Hi Dr., when I raise my left arm up like this, it feels like a really sharp pain in this exact spot in my shoulder <pointing to spot on shoulder>. It usually happens more in the morning than in the evening. I'm not sure if it's related, but t's been happening ever since I got a bug-bite last week on the same shoulder."

Which way of reporting the problem would lead to success of helping the Dr. help you?

Why so many different searching mechanisms? Why can't we have one space, enter what we want to find and then hit 'search"? I really do not have time for all this complicated stuff. The sand in my hourglass is running out.
Searches have always been fickle, and not just here,
and a moving target as technology 'advances'.

I'm not having any more luck with the Threadloom search than the plain vanilla search. I tried to look up an old thread of mine, using the exact title, and it didn't find it. Neither did the plain search. I finally blundered and floundered my way through my personal luggage and storage on BYC and found my thread posts and found it that way. But BYC search mechanisms are still not working for me. At all.
What is the title of the thread you were looking for?

Thanks for the example. I searched for that title and the first result was that thread:

1581039003848.png

This was an unintended bug when we fixed the issue where search within a thread wasn't working (yes, that was fixed recently). We're working on fixing this and bringing this back.

Brief update: We have committed the fix and are currently testing it. I’ll post another update when the fix has been released and is live on BYC. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Brief update: We have committed the fix and are currently testing it. I’ll post another update when the fix has been released and is live on BYC. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
Thanks for the update! :bow

Back
Top Bottom