Search for finch and/or canary eggs

kittyneko

Hatching
Apr 12, 2020
Hi, I'm in search for finch and/or canary eggs or any bird eggs that is no bigger than finch eggs. I don't need it fertile, it's for my baby egg eating snakes. It's really hard finding these eggs. Hope anyone can be of help. Thank you in advance!

I am in the same boat (possibly) - my son just got a pair of egg eating snakes, and I think one might be carrying eggs. If so, I will be on the hunt for eggs. I'm hunting for options in case she is. If I find a source, I'll let you know. If you find a source, can you share please?

Yes quail eggs are much easier to find, but for baby egg eating snakes, they needed bird eggs not bigger that finch eggs cause they cant swallow quail eggs yet. Finding canary or finch eggs are so hard even for infertile.

Thanks for clarifying.

Does it matter if the eggs are raw or cooked?

I haven't seen anyone selling canaries for a long time. In theory there should be some sellers.

But if not, could quail eggs be cooked and cut in half? And would the snake still eat them?

Eggs gotta be raw. Egg eating snakes eat by swallowing the egg whole. They don't have teeth but they have bones like few inches behind their head (for adult) to puncture the egg, then they squeeze them. Once done they spit out the egg shell. Its pretty interesting how they eat. And also look so dope/derp when swallowing egg lol.

You know if canaries could be used in mines to tell if the air was poisonous...

Wouldn't law enforcement be able to use them to sniff out drug labs also? (They wouldn't like the air, then they become alarmed.) In theory it should work. And they should be able to be used without much 'training' to tell if you are at a meth house, etc.

I think its possible. Training animals just depend on the understanding we have with them. At least that's what I believe.

You know if canaries could be used in mines to tell if the air was poisonous...

Wouldn't law enforcement be able to use them to sniff out drug labs also? (They wouldn't like the air, then they become alarmed.) In theory it should work. And they should be able to be used without much 'training' to tell if you are at a meth house, etc.

It's a humorous idea but it wouldn't work.
Miners knew the air was dangerous... only because the canary fell off the perch dead.

I am in the same boat (possibly) - my son just got a pair of egg eating snakes, and I think one might be carrying eggs. If so, I will be on the hunt for eggs. I'm hunting for options in case she is. If I find a source, I'll let you know. If you find a source, can you share please?

I know another person who supply finch eggs, but I have no idea how much supply she have. In FB group I'm in ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/Africaneggeater/?ref=share ) Laura Armstrong Ragas mostly is the only contact we have for finch eggs. Here and there some other people have available finch eggs, but not a stable supply.

Back
Top Bottom