1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Searching for Quail to buy! Help!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jaredcwillis, Oct 16, 2016.

1. jaredcwillis

jaredcwillis New Egg

Sep 9, 2016
    Hello All,
    I am looking to buy some quail. I would prefer A&M or Snowflake bobwhite. I am also looking for blue scale quail. I have had the hardest time tracking some down in my area. I am in the north Florida area and Tallahassee or Live Oak or anywhere in between are the most convenient for me. Any help would be fantastic!

2. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello there :)

I found my quail through our Canadian online buy and sell site called Kijiji and it's also where I sell mine :D

Have you had quail before? I know that Coturnix (A&M) and bobwhites are very different and blue scale quail are extremely skittish, they don't even like to be looked at and can act crazy and hurt themselves - my experience :p

They never hurt themselves because we padded the ceiling but we ended up giving ours to Bird Kingdom in Niagara Falls so they had a huge aviary and privacy, couldn't stand seeing them so stressed in the cage :/ they are truly beautiful though! Definitely not domesticated [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by