Sears RoeBuck FarmMaster Incubator Info Needed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Jan 10, 2009.

1. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Id luv to find one like that. I never find anything that cool on craigslist. [​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I put a wanted ad. Have YOU!?! LOL! I had been looking for weeks on there and finnally decided what the hey....just do a wanted ad next day...i get an email! [​IMG]

3. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Havent tried that, I may do that and see what happens.

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:deffinatly do it! This guy had this inc in his home for 30 years unused (but kept in good condition) willing to sell it just not finding anyone wanting one for it's original purpose until me. I hope you're just as lucky! [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    LOL, Im probaly not that lucky, but who knows. [​IMG]

6. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    did you get the incubator? i just had someone offer me one litterally ten minutes ago. i also had an ad on craigslist.

7. Lairvine

Lairvine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2007
    The Original Downeast NC
    please tell us if you got it. I have one but it has no heating stuff in it. It does have the trays and I would love to see pics of how it is set up.

8. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Your incubator was made by the Leahy Manufacturing Company, Higginsville, Mo. These where made out of redwood. If you go to Legg Pea Cock farms, he has an operating manual you can copy on his web site. I own a Model 1200....these where considered the Cadillac of incubators for their times. Your unit is re-build able / restore able. Cleaned up your unit wouldn't leave my hands for under $500.
    [​IMG]
    The model 1200 - 8 trays

9. chookmadhubby

chookmadhubby Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    Lobethal
    I reckon in the interests of good international relations with the Allies of america that you need to ship this to me so I can restore it and convert to 240 volts. I will then proceed to hatch out lots of Aussie chicks and send you lots of Piccies of them.
    LOL
    Trev

10. joy_of_illinois

joy_of_illinois New Egg

Dec 1, 2008
    I have 2 of these incubators. A standard 110 V 2-prong plug you get from the hardware store will work (I think they are 15 amp, but I dont remember.)

Do you have a manual? I am trying to buy a heating coil for one of my units, but I don't have a manual and do not know the wattage. (Of course the voltage times the current gives wattage.)

We get about 100 eggs per shelf.

Les

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by