De La Menagerie
9 Years
Aug 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
My Coop
My Coop
Hi!
I am looking for fellow Seattleites!
I am currently living within the city limits with 2 dogs, 2 pygmy goats, quails and chickens! I'd like to get to chat with Seattleites and trade ideas, chicks, information and more. Come say hi and lets all share ideas within the city.

Hi Speedy

I have:
Japanese Coturnix and Chinese Painted Quails (button's)
1 buff Orpington
2 white Leghorns
2 easter eggers
3 white Wyandottes

My Chickens are a mix flock at the moment but I am planning on exchanging my entire flock into Black Java's once I get some eggs to hatch.
In the brooder I have five 3 week old 1/2 Black Jersey Giant 1/2 Black star mutts that I will be growing til we can determine sex.
In my hatcher I have 17 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes eggs just started.

Be sure to subscribe to this thread! I'd love to get a a group of locals together for trading and etc.
I will keep a eye out for local Delaware's.

Hey, How about Woodinville?? That count ??
woot.gif

I have: 2 RIR, 1 golden sexlink, 2 white leg horn's, 1 California white ( my best girl) all of them are 1 1/2 yrs old.

Then I have 1 welsummer (6mo.) 1 GL wyandotte (6mo.) 2 delawares (4mo) and 2 BR (7mo) NONE of these six are laying yet
idunno.gif

I plan on adding another 6-7 chicks in Feb or March

I have:

3 RIR
1 Young Delaware rooster
6 mixbred Brahma, Blue Cochin, Orpington & Ameraucana cross (All feather legs)
3 Australorp - few days old
1 Speckled Sussex - few days old

Quote:
the mix breeds do they throw colored eggs?

I thought of getting some brahma's but dunno anything about having feathered footed birds.
Are they harder to care for?

Quote:

I thought of getting some brahma's but dunno anything about having feathered footed birds.

They are not hard to raise at all. They are very friendly. Here is the picture on 9/20
63890_chick3.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:

They are not hard to raise at all. They are very friendly. Here is the picture on 9/20
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63890_chick3.jpg

Cute! so the feathered feet do not need to be cleaned etc?

Back
Top Bottom