Sebastian gets a new chair...........

He is so cute and so lucky to have you. I wonder if he got the lead poisoning from accidently eating one of those sinkers that people put on thier fishing lines. They are soft lead pellets that are squeezed on the fishing line to help stabilize the bait. Ducks and Geese are always getting tangled up in fishing line that people leave around.

Wow ChickenZoo!! That's just amazing! I applaud both your resourcefulness as well as your compassion for Sebastian's welfare! Good job!
thumbsup.gif
Do you think with time and maybe a little physical therapy he might recover a bit more of his mobility? Have you tried exercising his legs and feet at all?

I seem to recall that lead poisoning attacks the nervous system. If his paralysis is a neurological disorder, it may be that a bit of daily manipulation of his legs and feet might have some positive results.....just a thought... I'll keep my fingers crossed that he'll achieve more improvement with time.
fl.gif
How long has he been this way?

Seb's chair is brilliant! Maybe I'm reading this at the right time
wink.png
to be getting emotional, but your story has me choked up! I always thought you were amazing with your chicken outfits for Sophie and Sassy, but this makes you one of the most compassionate people in the world! I just put down an otherwise healthy chick with an eye injury, and this story makes me deeply ashamed of what I did. I can't imagine that this was your intention, but I'm now sparing the life of a weird- legged chick because of you. I'm a vollenteer EMT who saves a couple of human lives per year, but your extreme stewardship of God's creatures is truely inspiring! Thank you.

Quote:
hugs.gif
Thank you for the complement. Animals have always found me, my whole life, and when they need help I do my best. Do not be ashamed of your decision. You did what was best for you at that time. If I've inspired you, then i'm glad. I hope the little one has a big big heart and tries hard for you. Ever situation and every animal is different. Some animals do not do well with disabilities, others do, it depends greatly on their disposition. Sebastian just happened to have a joyful soul and was not ready to give up, he let me know. I thought may times I would have to make that hard choice, but he would give me that look, and I knew. I have a lot of one eyed chickens, ones with foot issues, mental issues.... all types. When i can help i will but when the only help I can give is peace and relief from pain I will do that also. Best Wishes to you and thank you for what you do for us.

Back
Top Bottom