Sebastian gets a new chair...........

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
7205_sebbis_chair1.jpg

7205_sennie_woo_chair.jpg

I finally got around to making Sebastian a bigger chair with a place for his dish. He seems to enjoy this one. Later i will add a clip on sun shade or water proof canopy to the top and add wheels, so i can wheel him around.
He is my handicapped Sebbi, who was diagnosed with lead poisoning. The chair has helped him get some use and strength back in his legs. He seems pretty happy despite his condition.....

Last edited:
That's a wonderful design! So sad he was poisoned, but it looks like he has a pretty good life despite his condition. It's amazing how well disabled animals can live with a little help! I have a disabled cockatiel, and she's happy as can be. I think it's great you're coming up with creative solutions to the problem!
thumbsup.gif
Awesome job!

We don't know how he got it. I was so careful, but the first night out on his own with his sister he must have gotten into something. He started going down hill fast, became impacted and i almost lost him. i had to tube him and the vet did everything he could. He recovered from the impaction but never regained use of his legs, they atrophied very quickly. Vet diagnosed him w/ Lead poisoning and i ordered a med they use in children w/ lead poisoning. He improved some, but I don't think he'll ever have total use of his legs. but he's pretty happy. i take him out to visit the other Sebbies and chickens, he grazes on grass, and in warm weather I sit him in a kiddie pool so he can play with his friends.

Back
Top Bottom