Sebastopol Geese Prices?

goslings cost between $40-$60... Adults are anywhere from $75 to $150 each... I've even seen some for up to $300 for show quality breeders...
Oh and colored ones are usually a little more because they are rare, so colored goslings are around $60...
Forgot eggs: They are usually $10 to $15 each depending on who you get them from...
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh wow Adults can go for a lot... Goslings thats not bad.

I'd prefer eggs but how well do goose eggs hatch when you ship them?

They say a good hatch with shipped goose eggs is 50%... I have had a hatch where none made it and a hatch where they all have made it so it's 50/50... A few breeders will have pitty on you if your eggs don't do anything and will send you more or give you a discount on a few goslings if the eggs did not develope... I would do that for a person if they had bad luck with our Seb eggs... I think most breeders on here are pretty open and would also do something like that if they felt you were being honest about it...
wink.png

Last edited:
Lady at the show was trying to sell goslings for $75 ea and they were all female.
Bought two eggs for $40 and had 1 hatch

Last edited:
Quote:
Everything is more expensive at shows... Best place to look is right here on BYC... There are plenty of us who have them at a reasonable price...
woot.gif

Quote:
Everything is more expensive at shows... Best place to look is right here on BYC... There are plenty of us who have them at a reasonable price...
woot.gif

Sorry, this is not true, ESPECIALLY at fall shows. I ended up bringing home a welsummer trio last fall because the price was tooooo good,.. and there were so many other birds that were very very cheap that nobody bought. Now, in spring, it seems like most stuff sells and people are really buying. Even then, my silkies are the same price or cheaper than online. Now, my male culls I sell locally cheap or process myself. Female culls I can usually sell as broodies or layers locally.

Anyhow, point is this is not the case. One of my friends just picked up a sexed pair of sebastopols to add to her flock for a ridiculously cheap price in CA.

Don't be afraid to shop at shows, just have a budget in mind and stick to it.

Regarding choosing between the two breeds- buff dewlap toulouse are going to be harder to get your hands on, and probably pricier.

They also are very different in regards to how much they eat, how much supplementation they need in the summer (dewlap toulosue, IMO, need supplementation even when on good pasture), and temperament. Dewlaps are slower moving and, IMO, gentler and quieter than sebastopols. Sebastopols are also relatively docile, but they have louder honks, move faster, and can live on good pasture without supplementation during the summer months. If the grass is quality and actively growing, they love it. Clover? It's a feast.

Back
Top Bottom