Sebastopol geese - selecting breeding stock, color genetics, and color improvement

Pics
Hi Jenifer!!! How have you been? Long time since we last talked on the other forum. Beautiful lavender saddleback and boy can you tell she is a lavender saddleback. Smooth breasted I see. She has a pretty pattern and not too far down on the neck.
Thank you RuRu. Even though she is 5 I have never used her yet with anyone. Maybe next year. By October when they look their best, she is a Beauty.

Jenifer you are welcome. All of your Sebbies are just stunning with their feathering. I have always loved them and admired them. You just sell adults right? I was wondering because I get people looking for young adults or adults and I have not had any available. Right now I might have 1 adult smooth and two teenage smooth's available. I would like to be able to refer people to you if you do not mind???

RuRu,
I only hatched a few under some geese this year because I was taking care of my mom. So the handful I got I am going to keep. I won't have anything this year . But thank you.

Sorry to keep posting pics of the same goose. I am just fascinated- hope its a female. No saddle, but a white body and lav neck/head. Everybody is looking a bit pink this year because of all the rain.

(I have a bad habit of burning up laptops, so I like to post my favorite pics here and there in case something happens...)
1237739_10201144890258293_1713749960_n.jpg

Sorry to keep posting pics of the same goose. I am just fascinated- hope its a female. No saddle, but a white body and lav neck/head. Everybody is looking a bit pink this year because of all the rain.

(I have a bad habit of burning up laptops, so I like to post my favorite pics here and there in case something happens...)
1237739_10201144890258293_1713749960_n.jpg

I think it looks like a gander from the other pictures you previously posted.

I have seen especially buffs with the lighter body and the darker neck and head.
I don't thinks its that unusual.
I've been trying to post a pic of a lilac for 2 days with this same variation in color but it won't let me.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom