Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Smooth left, curly right
122f5d53.jpg

Steve, I am a stickler for round heads.
I think I finally have that part down in my flock. It has taken alot of time. I had the hardest time getting the male line to carry it.

I have one male from Holderreads named "Dave" that has the most beautiful head and all the female offspring he produces have nice heads. He is pictured below, sorry about the rest of him it was breeding season when I took the photo.

Jennifer I love your geese!!
love.gif

I have a question about sebastapols... Can a smooth feathered goose come from two curly parents? If so, then what will her offspring have as far as curly feathering if mated to a curly feathered male? (S0rry new to sebbie genetics lol)
I have a friend in Australia and all she had was smooth breasted sebastopols. She ended up with Curly , Smooth breasted and completely smooth goslings. Sebastopols that are curly will only throw curly when bred back to curly regardless of having a smooth breasted parent.

LoL Jean, you are too cute. Sassy is a favorite here for sure. Pandora from you (the other older girl) is growing back her feathers quicker post breeding season. Chloe the youngest is still built smaller, and loves the babies and will sit with them in the yard.

Jenifer, we have a smooth gander and smooth goose both partnered with a curly of opposit gender this year. Both gave us smooth and curly goslings. We also have Peaches (lilac smooth) and McGraw (curly gray) and they too gave smooth and curly.

Am I completly out of the running for 2 Sebastopol goslings? I would like an unrelated pair male/female. I have the money if you have the goslings! LOL Thank you!! Trisha for Violets812

I have a friend in Australia and all she had was smooth breasted sebastopols. She ended up with Curly , Smooth breasted and completely smooth goslings. Sebastopols that are curly will only throw curly when bred back to curly regardless of having a smooth breasted parent.

Oh I just reread that and no you cannot get a smooth breasted bird out of 2 curly parents.

Back
Top Bottom