Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Nava, Jan 28, 2011.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    LoL Shannon, not really just helping a school here in the area. They have a great set up and are trying to teach the kids about animals and Eco systems first hand. Happy to help them.

2. Renie'sPeeps

Renie'sPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Orford, NH
    Aww honey I am soo very sorry to hear that <hugs>

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

I was just going to ask what was wrong with him since I got on here late, So sorry to hear about him [​IMG], he sure was a cutie.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Sorry, Jean. [​IMG]
    Did anybody else hatch out Mama eggs that you could get one of her babies back?

5. phoebs

phoebs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2012
    tamworth (Australia)
    oh i am so so sorry thats so sad you poor thing! [​IMG][​IMG]

6. LeasureChix

LeasureChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Medford OR
    I haven't posted for quite a while. Jean, I'm so sorry for your 2 losses.

These are my 5 youngsters. The smallest 3 are from Kimberly. The larger 2 in the rear are from someone in the Cottage Grove OR area.
    [​IMG]

They have 3 sources of bath water. The largest is a 50 gallon stock/sheep tank.

[​IMG]

The 3 year old female loves her water trough.

[​IMG]

7. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    Here are some pictures of some sebastopols I am thinking about buying, what do you guys think? do they look to be good breeding stock? how good of quality are they? please give me any feed back good or bad. I know these are pictures and it is hard to judge a birds quality but any input/advice is greatly apreciated.

[​IMG]

The one on the right died so I would be getting the gander on the left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little word captions on the picture are what the lady wrote in.

Thanks!

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    [​IMG]Look at the necks on them! Beautiful. I would snatch them up in a heart beat.

9. Ash-Rose Farms

Ash-Rose Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

hey all i know it's considered a goose page but I'm wondering if any of you tried making a neck brace for day old goslings and or ducklings... i got a day old Muscovy duckling that's having a hard time keeping her head upright in the proper placement. (looks like she's looking at bird in the sky kind of thing). she's healthy otherwise tries to walk around in the brooder in my room and stuff.

10. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Poultry09- Personally I love them in the pics! They look like gorgeous birds.

Ash-rose- You might try supplementing with vitamin E a couple times a day and doing some very gentle physical therapy, gently rocking the neck back and forth to help build muscle memory in all directions. This will also give the babies vestibular system time to acclimate to the new direction its noggin should be going in! I have found that bracing things often leads to more trouble because we just crank it to where it is supposed to be and it causes the baby a great deal of distress because it hasn't been moving its body in that way and then the brace rubs etc. I had a silkie that hatched late and had a kinked neck and I gave it a drop of vitamin E twice a day and gently rocked its neck up and down, side to side several times a day and in a few days you couldn't even tell it had any neck trouble! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by